Thursday, February 26, 2009

Scatter cushions & Fairylights

I stay in a bachelor garden flat. It is tiny, but it's my own little space. Most of the things I own are hand-me-downs or don't-want-no-mores so I haven't had much to work with in terms of my own style.

My Mom gave this duvet set. She also gave me some of the scatter cushions, the lamp and the tables. My step dad made the headboard.

I have a couple of teddybears that are very special to me. There are 2 honourable teddies in my room, Kitty Cat & Pooh Bear! Pooh was my first valentines present from Nico and Kitty Cat is the only other teddy he has ever bought me. So they get to sit on the bed.

'Hatikvah:Land van hoop' (Land of hope) by Marzanne Leroux-van der Boon is the book I am currently reading. It is a follow up of 'Granate bloie in Jerusalem' (Pomegranats bleed in Jerusalem). It's a gripping love story of an artist, his journey to Israel and his developing relationship with God.
On my bedside table I have a photo of Nico that I just love! It is also my background image on my phone. You know, just in case I forget what he looks like! The heart on my lampshade was a serviette ring at a wedding and the butterfly on my headboard was what I wore in my hair to my Matric Farewell. It's broken now so I thought it would nice as a decoration.

I have quite a stack of books om my to-do list of reading. I like reading books that have a christian moral to it. Francine Rivers is one of my all time favourite authors!

I collect old photographs and the one on my bedside table is of my Grandmothers, Mother when she was a little girl.
The coffee stains on the table are from great late night cups of coffee and good conversation!
There is no space in my flat for more than my bed. So it serves as a dinner table and TV couch. What makes it great is that after eating...you can just roll over! (he he)

I dream of having a bigger place but I won't be able to afford the rent on my own and finding a suitable room mate.....is harder than you think.

Thank you for sticking round for a tour of my lounge, dinning room and bedroom!
Have a great Thursday because tomorrow is Friday! Yay!

PS: Check out Chani's blog to see her styling bedroom!

1 comments:

Chanique Thu Feb 26, 11:30:00 AM GMT+2  

Stunning! Jou photos is WAY BETER as myne!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP