Friday, February 27, 2009

Out of the box

My Grandad gave me his old cameras. For some reason he thinks I have a thing for photography, go figure!
Oh, I love my Grandad! The Holiday flash camera he was still taking photo's with till the other day! OK, if the other day includes 10-20 years ago, but it is in complete working condition! Isn't it cute?

Now this little beauty is a bit older. They were released in February 1934 and discontinued in October 1942.
I have no idea if it still works, but I'm busy finding out here, on the Brownie Camera Page. They have users manuals that you can download. Like they say, if all else fails....read the manual!

**Edit to add: It is complete co-incidence that Chani and I inherited almost the exact same cameras!**

2 comments:

Anonymous Thu Mar 26, 12:22:00 PM GMT+2  

Monique, ek het ook 'n Box Brownie en hy werk. Ek het baie 120 rol film as jy belangstel en kan dit vir jou sommer by die huis ontwikkel. Japie het my laas gesĂȘ jy bly in Pta-Noord ?. Ek bly in Theresapark. Leon (Oom ;-) )

Anonymous Thu Mar 26, 12:23:00 PM GMT+2  

Monique, ek het ook 'n Box Brownie en hy werk. Ek het baie 120 rol film as jy belangstel en kan dit vir jou sommer by die huis ontwikkel. Japie het my laas gesĂȘ jy bly in Pta-Noord ?. Ek bly in Theresapark. Leon (Oom ;-) )

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Creative Artworkof Fractal Enlightenment

Back to TOP